Losing teeth doesn’t have to mean you change your whole life around. Because you’ve found the best dentists at Dental Associates of Morris County, you have access to the expertise and advanced technology to set you up with full or partial dentures. You can enjoy smiling, speaking with confidence, eating food you love and enjoying a full life. Dentures also ensure your overall health and well-being.
Dentures replace lost teeth while enhancing your gum health, and today’s dentures are affordable and well-fitting. When you lose teeth, it’s difficult to chew and talk properly. Your smile isn’t what you want it to be, and you may lose the confidence to make new relationships and find new job opportunities. Dental dentures can solve those issues. And dentures of old are nothing like the new dentures offered by your dental team at Dental Associates of Morris County.
Dental Dentures and Your Health
Your Madison, NJ dentist always tries first to keep your natural teeth, but it’s not always possible. Reasons you may lose your original teeth may include:
- Years of improper dental care
- An accident in which your teeth were knocked out or broken
- Inheriting dental problems
- Physical ailments that compromise your oral health
- Drug abuse and smoking
Since your family dentist also is a certified cosmetic dentist, he provides you with basic dental treatments before suggesting that you undergo more complex procedures like getting dental dentures. The team at your Morris County dental practice understands your budget constraints, dental history and appearance goals, making them best suited to create a plan that serves your best interests.
There are many different kinds of dental dentures. Which one is best for you ultimately depends on how many teeth you’ve lost. At Dental Associates of Morris County, you’ll have access to:
- Traditional dentures, when the dentist needs to pull all your teeth. Once you’ve healed, your dentures can be made. It may take as long as 12 weeks, so temporary dentures are usually made available.
- Same day dentures are also referred to as one day dentures or immediate dentures. They’re made before you get any teeth pulled. And while you walk out the same day with your new teeth, you may have to return several times to get them adjusted correctly.
- Flexible dentures are malleable and quickly conform to the shape of your mouth. For many people, these are easier to wear. You can get flexible dentures as a complete set or as partial dentures.
- Partial dentures are ideal when some of your original teeth can be saved. They often are attached to a bridge. A bridge can be cemented permanently or made so that you can take it out.
The Skinny on Denture Implants
Denture implants are fast becoming the go-to option for replacing missing teeth. They use a snap-on, removable system to attach artificial teeth to implants. You get a more natural look and don’t have to worry about slippage. They also reduce rubbing that can cause discomfort and abrasions on your gums. It’s easier to talk with denture implants too, since they’re so secure.
Denture implants do increase your dentures cost. You also undergo surgery to put in the implant posts, so they’re not available as same day dentures. Because of their superior functionality, however, they’re worth the extra dentures cost.
Denture Repair When You Need It
Fixed and secured denture implants are ideal if your lifestyle tends to put you at a higher risk of accidents. At the same time, denture repair technology has made it possible to get them fixed quickly by your Morris County dental team, no matter which kind of dentures you wear.
Reduce denture repair expenses by following the care instructions you receive. Common problems that often lead to the need for denture repair include:
- Chipping due to facial trauma or sports injuries
- Being dropped onto a hard surface
- Wearing down over time
- Not being cleaned every day
Affordable Dentures at Dental Associates of Morris County
“Dentures make it easier to eat and speak better than you could without teeth — things that people often take for granted,” according to the American Dental Association Even if you’re on a tight budget, your dentist can help find payments plans or alternative replacement solutions that work for you and your family. Many insurance policies pay for part of your dentures cost, possibly even the entire dentures cost. And dentures can last for years when you take care of them.
Maintain a schedule of dental visits to ensure the best fit. Bi-annual checkups ensure that your gums and artificial teeth stay healthy. Improve your health and confidently smile again by talking to the team at your Madison, NJ dentist about dental dentures.