Dental loupes provide hands-free magnification that can help dentists and hygienists see with greater clarity for enhanced clinical results. In a field driven by precision, magnification is an imperative component of dental treatment. Not only do loupes provide magnification to see the working field in greater detail, but they are designed to allow clinicians to practice dentistry from a more upright, ergonomically correct position. Loupes are available in a range of magnifications, and you might consider having several magnification options available so you can customize by procedure, from periodontics, to endodontics, to restorative dentistry. You can further tailor your dental loupes with different frame styles, colors, and lens placement. Most dental loupes come with the ability to add a light source as well. Discover how simple visual clarity can improve your work with your own pair of dental loupes.
Top 7 Dental Loupes of 2020
- 3W Portable LED headlight with small size and light weight, it is suitable for all kinds of surgical operation and anywhere without light or lack of light ,Using rechargeable Li-ion battery, long working time, high brightness and clear circle . Which also can using when is charging.
- Galilean surgical loupes is very popurlar opplied to Dental, Plastics, Neurological, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, also can be used for Electronic and Industry.
- Our Dental Loupes is produced by high quality optical glass material with muil-coating, It can supply large field of views and deep depth of view. It is used for reduce dentist's eye ,neck and shoulder fatigue, which is caused by long time lower head work.
- Magnification: 3.5X,Working distance: 420mm
- With Filter to reduce light
- LED: 3W
- With Filter to reduce blue-light to avoid curing
- Using rechargeable Li-ion battery, long working time, high brightness and clear circle
- High quality optical glass material with muil-coating, It can supply large field of views and deep depth of view.
- Portable LED headlight with small size and light weight, it is suitable for all kinds of surgical operation and anywhere without light or lack of light
- Magnification: 3.5X,Working distance: 420mm
- The power of the LED bulb:1 W
- The lifetime of the bulb:10000 hour
- Recommended for first time users and it is the easiest loupe to adjust to. It is the most popular model among dental students and dental hygienists. It has wide field of view and generous depth of field with high enough power for daily dental procedures.
- Magnification:3.5X Working distance:420mm Depth of field:80mm Field of View:60mm
- Magnification optics lens , image is clear
- Long working distance , large and clear field of view
- Adjust the interpupillary distance , and adjust the angular viewing
- Anti-glare , anti-fog , and scratch-resistance
- 2.5x loupe that is specifically designed for dentists, dental hygienists and assistants.
- provides better visualization with edge-to-edge sharp clear images
- Superior Optic Quality and this is a professional level of loupe.
- 360-460mm(14.2"-18") working distance is overall the best choice for dentists.
- 2.9oz (82g) Net Weight for Loupe and Goggle
- We ship loupes by DHL expedtied shipping, although order estimated delviery time are more than 45 days, but DHL real shipping time are only about 10 to 15 days, that mean you can receive order within 2 weeks.
- LED headlight High intensity:15000-30000Lux, Continuous run-time:4 hours,Battery pack weight:100g, LED bulb:1 W,Charge voltage:AC110V/240V/50-60Hz. .2.5X loupes specification:Field Of View: 100-110mm,Viewing Angle: 20-150°,epth of field: 100mm ,Weight: 57g
- 3X loupes specification:Field Of View: 75-85mm. Viewing Angle: 20-150°,Depth of field:90mm ,Weight: 57g.3.5X loupes specification:Field Of View:60-65mm. Viewing Angle: 20-150°.Depth of field: 80mm
- 4 kinds of working distance : S(280 - 380 mm), R(360 - 460 mm), L(440 - 540 mm), XL(500 - 600 mm).How To Choose Your Loupes Determine your working distance, which will also automatically determine your field of view. While working on a friend or family member have someone measure the distance from your eyes to your friend's mouth or body: this is you working distance.
- Choose the distance that is closest to the selection we offer.If you are dentist , your height is in the range from 160cm to 180CM,we recommend R(360-460mm) working distance.If you are sitting while working, your height is from 160cm to180cm, we recommend working distance R (360-460mm ). IF you are standing while working, your height is from 170cm to 180cm, we recommend L (440-540mm) working distance, even XL(500-600mm) working distance will be suitable.
- Flip Grip;Ultra Light Weight
- The most popular model among dental students ,dental hygienists and dentist. Wide field of view and generous depth of field with high enough power for daily procedures.
- lexible Headband; Safety Soft Touch Frame
- Using the rechargeable lithium battery,light weight,longevity and the more comfortable carry,it is suitable for all kinds of surgical operation
- Large Depth Field of View; Adjustable Angular Viewing
Dental Loupes Buyers Guide
Dental loupes are very important in dental hygienists career, and choosing the right pair can send times be confusing and stressful. Many people ask, do I have to purchase leaps? Well, most dentists today do use dental loupes and I personally believe that using loupes will help elevate your work. Additionally, most dental schools will require that you purchase loupes during your first year. I remember having multiple loupes companies come to my school and I was definitely overwhelmed in deciding what to purchase. So today we are going to talk about some of the most important points to consider when purchasing your first pair of loupes.
One of the most important things to consider is magnification. Most companies offer a magnification of 2.5 and higher. Higher magnification means that you’ll see more details of the side you’re working on, however, you’ll see less of the surrounding area. So if you have a higher magnification, you may not be able to focus on multiple teeth at once, but you will be able to see more detail. If you’re unsure of choosing magnification, usually 2.5x is a good place to start. Also, most companies give you the option of upgrading your magnification six months to one year after purchase, so make sure you talk to your specific rep. When I was a first year, I got 3.0x Flip-Up Schultz Loupes. I chose this brand because I valued comfort and magnification and I opted for flip-ups because I want it to be able to talk to my patients without looking like an absolute monster. I really liked the magnification, but the flip-ups were a little bit annoying because I found it to move too much. When I was working with my patient.
When I was a second year, I got 3.0 Surgical Loupes. Am I biggest priorities were weight and comfort. I highly recommend that you choose a pair of loupes that are comfortable and not too heavy. You’re going to be wearing these a lot throughout the day. Some frames and lenses are heavier than others and a loupes light will also add some weight. To be honest, I chose 3.0 magnification because I had no idea of what magnification would be right for me and a lot of my friends were getting 3.5 magnification, but the magnification did serve me well throughout dental school and I think it was a great starting point for me. Overall, I really liked these loupes and I still use them for certain procedures today.
During my last year of dental school, I did get a second pair of loupes and I decided to go up and magnification. I ended up getting the 3.5 magnification designs for vision loupes. I use these all throughout my residency and this is currently what I use today. I was a little worried about the weight of these loupes because the frames are heavier than my old ones, but I’m actually very happy with this pair.
And I ended up getting the designs for vision 3.5 mag expanded field loupes. I opted for the higher magnification so I could see more details and the expanded field option gives me a wider of view so I can be more efficient. However, these loupes are heavy. In fact, I have a friend who decided to return the same pair of loupes because it was causing her neck pain. So if you do decide to get the same pair of loupes, make sure to go to the gym and get your workout on.
Dental Head Lamp
- It is the most popular model among dental students, dental hygienists and dentist. It has wide field of view and generous depth of field with high enough power for daily procedures.
- Tip：Do not use plastic shell highlight.
- High intensity;15000—30000Lux. The power of the bulb:1 W.
- The lifetime of the bulb:10000 hour. All loupes are optional. Very small volume and weight. Battery pack weight:100g.
- Charge voltage:AC110V/240V/50-60Hz. Using the rechargeable lithium battery, light weight, longevity and the more comfortable carry, it is suitable for all kinds of surgical operation.
Another important part of your loupes is the light. Lights are normally purchased separately from the frames, but they are instrumental in helping you see clearly when working on teeth. In my experience, most lights on the market mainly differ in their battery packs. Some battery packs are slim and compact, while others can be a bit bulky. I prefer to have a battery that is as small as possible so that it doesn’t interfere when I’m moving around my patient. My first battery pack was a lot bigger and heavier. The light worked great, but I didn’t love the bulkiness and this is my new light and as you can see it’s a lot slimmer and lighter. This new one is also slightly easier to turn on and off quickly by pushing a button versus having to turn a knob on my old one. Also, it’s very important to have a long-lasting battery. There’s nothing worse than your loupes light dying on you mid appointment.
When you choose your specific loupes, your regional rep will take measurements to make loupes that are custom fit to you for optimal performance and comfort. There are so many amazing lube companies out there. I only talked about two brands that I have experience with, but we encourage you to shop around, ask your peers what works best for them.
If you are looking to invest in the dental loupes, make sure you take the time to understand what would work best in your situation. Of all the dental loupes with light discussed here, each one of them can work really well for you depending on what your criteria is. Remember, in addition to price you should consider your motivations, the available magnification, warranty policies, and the technical details of the loupes themselves (specifically the ergonomic suitability of the loupes).
I hope this review gives you guys an idea of some of the most important things to look out for when purchasing your first pair of dental loupes. If you have any questions, please leave it down in the comment section below.